Translate

Friday, November 7, 2014

Introduction

Hello, my name is Mark Hynek and I am a Christian pastor and missionary living in Costa Rica. My primary job is to preach the word of God, help existing churches, and work with youth groups. A secondary job, or hobby is woodworking. I love working with wood building many different things. This has been a passion of mine since I was a young boy. I live in the town of Sarchi Costa Rica which happens to be the furniture capitol of the the country. The people here have a passion for handmade furniture. I am new to blogging so there may be some bumps along the way, but I want to throw my hat into the blogging community to share my passion of building fine furniture. This last year I have converted my shop to a hand tool only shop leaving behind the noisy, dangerous machines, along with the nasty chemicals of modern day finishes and glues. My greatest satisfaction in woodworking is found in the process or how I like to put it, "the joy is found in the journey." I hope you enjoy the content and please comment on what you like or don't like. Please give suggestion on how you might approach a certain technique or aspect of building a project. I hope to take you along the journey of building various projects, through the difficult parts and through the triumphs of learning something new. There is a plethora of teaching videos and blogs regarding woodworking so this won't be so much a teaching blog as it will be sharing how I build and how I find the joy in the journey.

Take care, stay in touch, and God bless.
Mark Hynek

 Here is a Maloof style rocker I built last year with power tools. I hope to blog about building another with only hand tools. So please come along with me on this wonderful journey.

1 comment: