Well here we are back in the shop and back on line. My last post gave you all the details for my absence this past month but now I am back so let's jump right into it. So in the last post about the carrying case I had the carcass glued up and the front panel glued on. I mentioned how when I glued up the front panel I hadn't notice that I was off a little at the top which left a gap. So here is the gap and also my fix of the problem. It didn't turn out too bad.
Once that was done it was on to preparing for finish and then finishing it, I used shellac with this project and have really enjoyed learning about shellac, mixing it, and applying it. As I mentioned in a previous post a guy on youtube who has a channel called the English polisher has really helped me in the area of finishing. And I think I am getting better at it as I go.
So there is the case with a few base coats on. I think the grain really popped out with the shellac. I also like the visible dovetail joints. Next up will be to cut the top off finish anything else up and then install the hardware.
Well I hope you enjoyed the post. I know I have really enjoyed this project.
Well mu friends, take care and as always God bless.
Mark Hynek
No comments:
Post a Comment