Translate

Monday, February 23, 2015

Essential Oils Carrying Case part 5

Buenas días de Costa Rica mis amigos

Well, actually I am writing this in the evening again after a good day working in the shop, cleaning the yard, and helping around the house. I took a few days off from the shop last week to focus on the ministry since I had the men's Bible study on Friday. The youth group activity on Saturday, and the music directors meeting on Saturday evening. Then Sunday morning service of course. I taught the teen Sunday school. Then in the evening we had the pastor and his wife and two of their children and their entire families over to the house for home made pizza and fellowship. I think we had 20 people including my family. Made 12 pizzas on the grill, two at a time. If it isn't wood working, preaching, or coffee, then it is pizza.

Well it is Monday the 23rd of February and I am back int he shop. I am finding that Monday and Tuesday are my days to work in the shop. Sometimes on Wednesday if I don't have the men's Bible study on Friday.

Well I finished building the parts for the two drawers and the dividers. I sanded up all the dividers and the insides of the bottom drawer and put a wash coat of shellac on them.


I also decided to scribe a beed into the front of the drawer. After I had started I thought I should have done a stop beeding and formed a rectangle line around the whole drawer front. Oh well, maybe on another project.


I will work on the other drawer tomorrow getting it to a similar stage as this drawer and hopefully glue of this drawer tomorrow and then the other drawer on Wednesday. I was looking at different hardware for the the top section and I think I will go with a nice looking lock and skeleton key for the lid along with a lid support and top handle made of brass. The hardware will be the most expensive part of this project but my wife is worth it.

The reason I had to sand them to a point ready for shellac was that I just can't get my Bailey #4 sharp enough right now for finish planing. But hope is on the way. April 7th is the date my friends. A friend of my wife's is coming down and hopefully she can bring down some sharpening stones as well as a shoulder plane. On Tom Fidgen's web site I ask in the one of the forums about which shoulder plane to by if it is your first and probably only one. The consensus was a large shoulder plane but from their three brands emerged, Lie-Nielsen, Veritas, and Wood River. I am opting for the Veritas large shoulder plane with the PM-V11 blade. On the sharpening stones I think I will try the diamond stones by DMT. Paul Sellers seems to like them and I really like his no nonsense attitude about things. Sometimes we tend to complicate the simple when we don't need to.

Well my friends, that is it for today. Hopefully I can give you an update tomorrow as well.

Take care and as always God bless
Mark Hynek

No comments:

Post a Comment